CSU is a diverse community. As our CSU Principles of Community state, we have a commitment to inclusion, integrity, respect, service, and social justice to create a community where students feel safe, included, and able to learn. The Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Module is an important step to help students understand the principles and apply them to their work, education, and life.
How to Take the Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Module
Students have access to the module in Ram Web.
- Log into RamWeb using your CSU eID log-in credentials.
- Click on the “Diversity and Inclusion” menu link and then the “Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Module” link to start the module.
- Participants can log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a button. DO NOT log out until you click the NEXT button, or the course will repeat the section just gone through.
- To access the module, always log back into RamWeb and follow the instructions above.
- To avoid technical issues, use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- The module includes surveys to help personalize the experience and measure students’ attitudes, behaviors and learning. Themes from these surveys will only be accessed by module administrators in aggregate form.
For Technical Issues:
Troubleshooting – The Vector Training Platform is web-based, accessible with an Internet connection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The platform is compatible with all recent versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, iOS, and Android. Despite optimal accessibility, occasionally users may experience difficulty loading their training. These issues are typically device-specific and can be resolved using the troubleshooting tips below.
If you are accessing training from a computer:
- Restart your browser. Note: On a Mac, you’ll need to fully quit the browser.
- Make sure you are using a recent version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari. If you have any pending updates, they may need to be completed to move forward with the training.
- Clear your browser’s cache & cookies, which are typically located under your browser’s history settings.
- It is possible that device-specific browser extensions and/or pop-up blockers may be interfering with your training. Try accessing the training from another browser to rule out this possibility.
If you are accessing training from a mobile device – The Vector Training Platform system is compatible with many mobile devices; however, some users may have personal configurations that prevent certain courses from loading. Additionally, some custom and policy courses are best displayed on a computer. If you are experiencing difficulty loading our training on a personal device, try accessing the courses through a laptop or desktop computer.
If you require additional assistance, please reach out to the Vector Solutions Customer Care Team here. They are available Monday-Friday from 8-6pm EST.
Faculty and Staff Access:
If a faculty or staff member is interested in seeing a demo of the module, please include your first and last name in an email request to OIE_DIBmodule@mail.colostate.edu.
About the Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Module
The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging student online module uses short videos, what-would-you-do scenarios, and reflections to engage participants on a variety of terms, concepts, and dynamics backed by evidence-based research and theory. The full course equips learners with the information and skills necessary to create a respectful and welcoming environment for everyone. Completing the module takes about 40 minutes and provides foundational background knowledge for students in the CSU community.
Offering this learning opportunity to all students has been consistently asked for, as part of a series of Student Activism.
Striving for inclusive excellence in higher education is a CSU priority. The diversity of identities in the student population requires a nuanced approach, yet that nuance is hard to engender in a large student population informed by varying degrees of cultural awareness, fluency, perceptions and learned behaviors. In order to create a community where students feel valued, included and ready to learn across differences, universities, like CSU, are examining their diversity and inclusion efforts and are looking to provide a shared foundation to build a stronger sense of community that cultivates understanding and amplifies our principles of community. The implementation of the Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging module will help create a common student learning experience for student application to build upon during their time at CSU and beyond.
Module Requirement This Year:
The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging module is optional.
Module Launch Timeline:
All incoming and returning students have access to complete the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Module in RamWeb. Click on the “Diversity and Inclusion” menu link and then the “Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Module” link to start the module. New incoming students will hear about the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging training module and engage in related discussions at the We Are CSU program at Ram Welcome. Incoming students will be invited to complete the module in the second week of the Fall semester through planned communication efforts. The module will remain open throughout the academic year.
Students can expect to engage in short videos, what-would-you-do scenarios, reflections and opportunities to practice new skills, deepening their understanding of diversity, inclusion and belonging. Through this training experience, students will:
- Explore their own identities.
- Learn about key concepts related to identity, inclusion, belonging, bias, power, privilege and oppression.
- Understand the benefits of being part of a diverse community.
- Develop skills related to being an ally, bystander intervention, self and community care and creating inclusive spaces.
The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging module course outline can be viewed at: http://everfiresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DIB-Student-course-outline.pdf.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Module Curriculum Infusion Toolkit
The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Module Toolkit is designed to serve as a resource that equips our campus community to engage in a more inclusive campus culture. The toolkit has been created to support faculty, practitioners and student leaders alike to continue the learning topics covered in the module in the following settings: the classroom, student staff development, student organizations and programming.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Campus Toolkit (eID login required)
Review the module course outline at: http://everfiresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/DIB-Student-course-outline.pdf.
To take a demo of the module as a faculty or staff member, please email OIE_DIBmodule@mail.colostate.edu and include your first and last name and email address.
Taking a Deeper Dive with Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
If you would like to continue to explore diversity, inclusion and belonging and deepen your personal learning, visit the Office of Inclusive Excellence’s resources page.