Submit a Proposal
Submissions for the 2022 Symposium for Inclusive Excellence (formerly the Diversity Symposium) are now open! Please apply using the form below. Deadline for submission is Wednesday, August 10th. 2022 Symposium dates are October 17 – 21.
We ask presenters to consider trending topics of diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education; current national and international dynamics; and topics directly relating to equity initiatives at Colorado State. The selection committee reserves the right to select sessions which align with the mission and vision of the Office of Inclusive Excellence. Sessions will be selected based on the criteria below:
- Presentation creativity – style, format, and title
- Learning accommodations – consider a wide variety of learning styles and accessibility
- Audience participation – engaging and interactive sessions tend to be more successful
- Discussion time – build in enough time for audience discussion and questions
- Defined target audience – designate the demographic of attendees (for example, undergraduate students, graduate students, community members, faculty and staff, etc.
- Please note, session windows are 90 minutes in length.
Symposium for Inclusive Excellence Contact:
Lalo Velazquez (he/him/his)
Graduate Student Symposium Coordinator
Symposium for Inclusive Excellence Proposal Submission