The Office of Inclusive Excellence fosters connections for the university community through a range of collaborative groups, committees, initiatives, and affinity spaces.
University-wide inclusive excellence work is accomplished through committees and initiatives. These spaces also serve as communication pipelines for gathering feedback and sharing updates with key individuals doing diversity, equity, and inclusion work at CSU.
Affinity groups are employee-run and are supported through the Office of Inclusive Excellence. These spaces offer community building through shared identity connections for CSU employees, including faculty, staff, and graduate students.
Committees and Initiatives
There are a variety of working groups, committees, and initiatives connected to the work of Inclusive Excellence. The following list is not exhaustive and only includes groups that are in close partnership with the Office of Inclusive Excellence or within the OIE umbrella.
- First Generation University Initiative
- Commission on Diversity and Inclusion
- Race, Bias, and Equity Initiative
- Inclusive Physical and Virtual Campus Committee
- President’s Multicultural Student Advisory Committee
- Equity and Inclusion Network (page coming soon)
- Bias Assessment Team
- Consultation Team for Incidents of Bias
- Assessment Group for Diversity Issues
- Diversity Symposium Planning Committee
Affinity groups are spaces formed around a shared identity or common interest, to which individuals formally or informally belong. The Office of Inclusive Excellence houses three employee-run affinity groups for CSU faculty, staff, and graduate students.